Friday, March 01, 2013

March 1st!! And Friday! And (bonus!) Payday!

Requisite Weather-related Banter (CanCon!! ;) )

I LOVE winter! Really! Nothing beats a snowy day, blizzards, and icicles. I don’t even mind the shoveling. However by March 1 the coats, boots, mitts ON; coats, boots, mitts OFF routine gets a wee bit tiresome.

So, like all good Canadians, we gradually just stop wearing boots, mittens, scarves, and even coats – regardless of the weather.

Currently our weather is grey and the temperatures fluctuate between frozen, slush, and wet; not being able to know that in advance means you’re too hot, too cold, or too wet. In case you’re wondering - the dog doesn’t care.

What I could really go for about now is some good old sunshine! It can be as cold as it wants but SHINE ON!

Music

I had my harp lesson today. The next time someone who plays music tells me something along the lines of “I can’t do math” I will smack them silly. I have to do more freakin’ math (in my head no less!!) during music than I do at my desk – and I work in Finance. No spreadsheets in Music class. Guh!

Having been trained in dance I can get most parts of the bod doing different things … to a beat … counted in my head. This skill does not seem to extend to my fingers.

Also reading music seems to have more exceptions to rules than rules. Some monk in some monastery way back in some century deserves a spanking.

Hmmmmm

I started out this entry with a mission – I was going to rant about something or other, but I got distracted and now I don’t remember

I guess that means time you all get off early… Use the time wisely!

Bon Weekend les amis!

No comments: