Wednesday, July 10, 2013

I will repeat this daily!

Youth is not a time of life; it is a state of mind; it is not a matter of rosy cheeks, red lips and supple knees; it is a matter of the will, quality of the imagination, a vigor of the emotions; it is the freshness of the deep springs of life.
~Samuel Ullman

Important to remember this as we're constantly surrounded by the media and people who tell you otherwise.

We missed the flooding that hit Toronto earlier this week, but now they're being all serious and scary about a storm that's headed our way. Better safe than sorry - we've had a lot of rain this summer - the ground is wet, so I supposed a sudden heavy downpour could overload and saturate easily. 

Warrior Dash is in 10 days!  Whoohoo (despite the long-range weather forecast of hot and humid)

I'm signed up for another colour-dye flinging 5K race.  Actually someone signed me up so I'm not really even sure when, which event, etc - but it's not until September so I've got plenty of time to figure all that out.. 

No comments: