Whether it’s a Meatless Monday, or Meatless Every Day, it is nonetheless Monday and time for a DCP1
5 Good Things About Today
1. One day closer to the weekend!
2. I have no meetings scheduled for today
3. As it is budget planning season – I get to shut my office door, turn my heater up, listen to my music, and not be bothered.
4. Sunshine!! Sort of. Sometimes.
5. I saw deer this morning!
3 Things I Did Well
2. Got up! (I did it well once the second alarm went off, and the dog jumped on the bed)
3. Not freak out too badly when I found the gift Kitty left me. I’m impressed actually! Not too shabby for an aged indoor pampered furball
2 Things I Look Forward To
1. My treadmill time with my new playlist
2. Mitch’s yoga class tonight
A bit of cognitive reframing therapy for this charming Monday. As revolting as it may be, I challenge all y’alls to do this!
So, back to the meatless thing…Oh I could never be a vegetarian is what I commonly hear. Baby steps! If you think about it, some of what you eat might already be considered vegetarian (think mac n cheese, spaghetti marinara, veggie topped pizza)
Give it a try once a week and when you got that down go fer MOAR (slowly). It’s good for you! It’s good for the environment! And believe me the animals will appreciate not being slaughtered.
I still meet with some occasional grumbling and resistance but in our house there are always two things on the menu – Take it, and Leave it!2
- Meatless Monday
- Heart & Stroke Veggie recipes
- Vegetarian Resource Page
- Oh She Glows: An awesome vegan blog – great recipes (and drool-worthy photography)
In other news
- Beets are disgusting no matter what colour they are. Fact: gold beets just as gross as red ones.
- Learning to read music and play my harp is very hard and is making me cry - especially being surrounded by people who keep telling me it’s easy and I’m doing great. No it isn’t, and no, I’m not
1 Disgustingly Cheerful Post – the kind of stuff that’ll make you wanna puke rainbows ’n shit buttercups.
2 I’m not totally evil – they can always have a peanut butter sammich … which … just … happens … to … also … be vegetarian. HA! Old age and treachery wins again.